Diana is the Content Developer at mindyourmind. She enjoys coordinating content, interviews and all your submissions! Her favourite sections on the site are everything in Personal Stories and Music & More! Occasionally, she'll throw her two cents into a blog as well.
Have you recently submitted something and don't see it posted? Read on to see why that might be.
If you wrote to us and are currently in need of help, first and foremost, we care about your safety. Here are some things you can do to get help and stay safe:
· If you are in crisis, are worried that you might harm yourself or commit suicide or harm someone else, CALL 911 or go to your nearest hospital immediately.
· If you are not in crisis, but are feeling overwhelmed and need help or need to talk to someone, you can call a crisis line in your area. Even if you're not in crisis, they can help you find treatment in your community.
· Reach out to a friend, a family member, someone you trust - but DO talk to someone! Some other options include your family doctor, school guidance counsellor, Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868, or chat online with a Mental Health Helpline Information and Referral Specialist.
· See Help pages for more info.
If your submission was a question:
· mindyourmind does not have a question and answer or advice forum. We cannot answer your questions or provide diagnoses. Other users will not be able to answer your questions either. Since there is no opportunity for your questions to be answered, we will not post them.
· mindyourmind cannot provide a diagnosis. If you are struggling or think you might have a mental illness, we urge you to see your family doctor. He or she is able to provide a diagnosis and refer you to further resources, such as a psychiatrist or counseling services, if necessary. If you have a mental illness, the sooner you start receiving help and treatment, the sooner you can start getting better.
· mindyourmind does not provide counseling. Although we provide you with the information, tools, skills and resources to be able to reach out and get help if you need it, we are not a counseling service and cannot respond to your submissions.
· mindyourmind cannot respond to your submission. Submitting is anonymous. We don’t ask for your email and we don’t collect any identifying information.
Please Note that if you submit something that states you are planning or might be planning to harm yourself or someone else, we may need to:
• access your IP address
• contact emergency services in order to ensure your safety
We won’t tell you what to write about or what to submit. We want you to be creative and express yourself in any medium or any style you want. Just keep in mind that the Personal Stories section is a place to share your stories of what helps you or what has helped you in the past to deal with hard times. It is a place to inspire and be inspired.
If you are in need of help, we encourage you to reach out, get help or give help, in your community.