The Be Safe app:
- Allows the user to create a digital safety plan
- Informs the user about mental health and addiction resources in your local community
- Directs users to the best options for their needs though a decision-making aid
- Creates a personal ‘get help script’ that helps users find the words to reach out
- Empowers the user to reach out safely
Be Safe was created by a dedicated team of youth, mindyourmind, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and other partners in the Systems Improvement through Service Collaboratives initiative in London, Ontario and surrounding area to improve access to and coordination of mental health and addictions services for children, youth and families. Learn more about the development process in this article from EENet or this post on the CAMH website.
It is now available in sixeen regions: Brant, Chapleau, Chatham-Kent, Durham, Great Sudbury, Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton, London, Manitoulin Island, Nipissing Parry Sound, Sarnia Lambton, Simcoe Muskoka, Waterloo Wellington and Windsor Essex County, as well as Ontario-wide. Many of these regions are also available in French.
Be Safe. You deserve help.
Sorry! This interactive is not available on your current device. Please try again on your desktop