You are here
Apply for Studio Y!
The Government of Ontario has invested $10 million over five years in Studio Y, an impact and leadership academy for young people (18-29 years old) from around the province. See below for key dates and eligibility criteria.
· October 1, 2013: Online applications open and will be reviewed on a rolling basis
· October 25, 2013 at 5 p.m. ET: Online applications close
· November 4, 2013: Approximately 50 short-listed applicants from across the province will be invited to attend the Studio Y Champions Retreat*
· November 15-17, 2013: Studio Y Champions Retreat, a two-day opportunity to connect, share and learn from one another. Studio Y staff, facilitators and application advisors will be in attendance for the retreat, observing Champions engage with one another in an effort to gain a holistic understanding of all Studio Y fellowship applicants.
· December 4, 2013: Final candidates selected
· Week of January 6, 2014: Studio Y begins
· August 31, 2014: Studio Y cohort 1 launches into the world!
· You are aged 18 to 25 (as of October 1, 2013), or up to 29 years old in exceptional circumstances, which could include, but are not limited to: individuals with special needs or those who have faced personal setbacks
· You are a resident of Ontario
· You are legally entitled to work in Canada for the duration of the program
· You are available to attend in-person the Studio Y Champions Retreat (November 15-17, 2013). Note that all accommodation and meal costs will be covered for the retreat; financial assistance for transportation costs will be made available upon request.
· You are available full-time for the duration of the eight-month program (week of January 6, 2014 to August 31, 2014)
· You have sufficient English fluency to participate in and contribute to the program
This is the official voice of mindyourmind.
Find blogs with relevant and up-to-date info about mental health, society and other youth topics; written by a variety of youth and professional contributors.