You are here
August 2019 Self Care Challenge
Often times we don’t prioritize self-care because we are either stretched for time or used to focusing on others before ourselves, but what if we did?
For the whole month of August I will be participating in a self-care challenge by Want for Wellness. Follow my journey on instagram @mindyourmind.ca and through the mindyourmind website.
Beginning August 1st, I will be practicing one self care activity each day (from the chart below) and I encourage you to join me in any capacity that you can!
Things to remember:
- Not every self care strategy will work for you and that’s okay. Finding what works may take some trial and error but it is possible.
- You don’t have to dedicate a large portion of your day to practicing self care (although if that is what you need, go for it!), even taking 5 minutes out of your day can be helpful.
- Have fun and enjoy taking time for yourself! Self care is not selfish, it is a necessity!
- Day 1: Mind Watch a TEDX talk and be inspired.
- Day 2: Body Drink at least 2 L/70 oz of water.
- Day 3: Soul Create a new morning routine.
- Day 4: Mind Clean up your social media feeds.
- Day 5: Body Stretch all your muscles.
- Day 6: Soul Do something creative.
- Day 7: Mind Research an unfamiliar topic.
- Day 8: Body Cook a healthy meal.
- Day 10: Mind Declutter a room or workspace.
- Day 11: Body Practice Yoga.
- Day 12: Soul Define what gives you stress.
- Day 13: Mind Watch a documentary.
- Day 14: Body Groom yourself.
- Day 15: Soul Make a gratitude list.
- Day 16: Mind Clean out your email inbox.
- Day 17: BodyBe vegan/vegetarian for a day.
- Day 18: Soul Create a new evening routine.
- Day 19: Mind Try something new.
- Day 20: Body Go for a walk.
- Day 21: Soul Write down who you need to forgive.
- Day 22: Mind Get rid of three things you don’t use.
- Day 23: Body Have a long shower or bubble bath.
- Day 24: Soul Write a love letter to yourself.
- Day 25: Mind Have a social media free day.
- Day 26: Body Drink at least 5 cups of green tea.
- Day 27: Soul Say positive affirmations.
- Day 28: Mind Do one thing you’ve been putting off.
- Day 29: Body Try a new physical exercise.
- Day 30: Soul Define some short term goals.
Elora is a BSW student at King’s University College, and has been volunteering with mindyourmind since 2015. A former member of the staff team, she is excited to continue to use her voice to eradicate stigma around mental health, and to create meaningful change for young people. Besides being known for her fiery hair, Elora is an avid napper, a dog enthusiast and loves to travel the globe.
Find blogs with relevant and up-to-date info about mental health, society and other youth topics; written by a variety of youth and professional contributors.