You are here
August 2019 Self Care Challenge
Often times we don’t prioritize self-care because we are either stretched for time or used to focusing on others before ourselves, but what if we did?
For the whole month of August I will be participating in a self-care challenge by Want for Wellness. Follow my journey on instagram @mindyourmind.ca and through the mindyourmind website.
Beginning August 1st, I will be practicing one self care activity each day (from the chart below) and I encourage you to join me in any capacity that you can!
Things to remember:
- Not every self care strategy will work for you and that’s okay. Finding what works may take some trial and error but it is possible.
- You don’t have to dedicate a large portion of your day to practicing self care (although if that is what you need, go for it!), even taking 5 minutes out of your day can be helpful.
- Have fun and enjoy taking time for yourself! Self care is not selfish, it is a necessity!
- Day 1: Mind Watch a TEDX talk and be inspired.
- Day 2: Body Drink at least 2 L/70 oz of water.
- Day 3: Soul Create a new morning routine.
- Day 4: Mind Clean up your social media feeds.
- Day 5: Body Stretch all your muscles.
- Day 6: Soul Do something creative.
- Day 7: Mind Research an unfamiliar topic.
- Day 8: Body Cook a healthy meal.
- Day 10: Mind Declutter a room or workspace.
- Day 11: Body Practice Yoga.
- Day 12: Soul Define what gives you stress.
- Day 13: Mind Watch a documentary.
- Day 14: Body Groom yourself.
- Day 15: Soul Make a gratitude list.
- Day 16: Mind Clean out your email inbox.
- Day 17: BodyBe vegan/vegetarian for a day.
- Day 18: Soul Create a new evening routine.
- Day 19: Mind Try something new.
- Day 20: Body Go for a walk.
- Day 21: Soul Write down who you need to forgive.
- Day 22: Mind Get rid of three things you don’t use.
- Day 23: Body Have a long shower or bubble bath.
- Day 24: Soul Write a love letter to yourself.
- Day 25: Mind Have a social media free day.
- Day 26: Body Drink at least 5 cups of green tea.
- Day 27: Soul Say positive affirmations.
- Day 28: Mind Do one thing you’ve been putting off.
- Day 29: Body Try a new physical exercise.
- Day 30: Soul Define some short term goals.
Elora is not a stranger to mindyourmind. In 2015, she started as a volunteer and in 2018 she was hired as a Youth Development Coordinator. After a brief break to finish her Bachelor of Social Work degree at King’s University College, Elora is back in a new and exciting role: Be Safe Coordinator. She is passionate about mental health advocacy and her lived experience allows her to bring a unique perspective to the work mindyourmind does. Elora is looking forward to traveling the globe again and enjoys hiking, cozying up on the couch to laugh along with stand-up comedy shows, spending time with family and friends, and solo dance parties.
Find blogs with relevant and up-to-date info about mental health, society and other youth topics; written by a variety of youth and professional contributors.