You are here
Have you submitted something and don't see your submission?
Have you recently submitted something and don't see it posted? Read on to see why that might be.
We didn't post your submission if you told us you were in crisis. Sharing you story is important, however, if you are in crisis it may not be the right time. We care about your safety and it always comes first. Get the help you need and deserve, and come back to submit your story at a better time. Here are some things you can do to get help and stay safe:
- If you are in crisis, are worried that you might harm yourself, attempt suicide or harm someone else, CALL 911 or go to your nearest hospital immediately. Click here if you don't know how to ask for help.
- If you are not in crisis, but are feeling overwhelmed and need help or need to talk to someone, you can call a crisis line in your area. Even if you're not in crisis, they can help you find treatment in your community.
- Reach out to a friend, a family member, someone you trust -just talk to someone! Some other options include your family doctor, school guidance counsellor, Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868, or chat online with a Mental Health Helpline Information and Referral Specialist.
- See Help pages for more info.
- Download the Be Safe app to help you make decisions in a crisis.
If your submission was a question, mindyourmind:
- cannot provide a diagnosis. If you are struggling or think you might have a mental illness, we urge you to see your family doctor. He or she is able to provide a diagnosis and refer you to further resources, such as a psychiatrist or counseling services, if necessary. If you have a mental illness, the sooner you start receiving help and treatment, the sooner you can start getting better.
- does not have a question an answer or advice forum so other users will not be able to answer your questions.
- does not provide counseling. Although we provide you with the information, tools, skills and resources to be able to reach out and get help if you need it, unfortunately we are not set up as a counseling service. However, we do encourage you to reach out to a counsellor or therapist to start getting the help you deserve.
- cannot respond to your submission. Submitting is anonymous. We don’t ask for your email and we don’t collect any identifying information.
Please note that if you submit something that states you are planning or might be planning to harm yourself or someone else, we may have needed to:
- access your IP address
- contact emergency services in order to ensure your safety
We want you to be creative and express yourself in any medium or any style you want. Just keep in mind that the Personal Expression section is a place to share your stories of what helps you or what has helped you in the past to deal with hard times. It is a place to inspire and be inspired.
If you are in need of help, we encourage you to reach out, get help or give help, in your community.
This blog was originally published on April 10, 2014.
This is the official voice of mindyourmind.
Find blogs with relevant and up-to-date info about mental health, society and other youth topics; written by a variety of youth and professional contributors.