You are here
Ottawa Newcomers Group March 2016
mindyourmind worked with a group in Ottawa of newcomer youth to co-create some resources with the intent of empowering youth to seek help, as well as provide some information to their parents around the issues they may be facing. They also created the narrative in the video for parents, telling them that it's ok to ask for help if you or your kids are experiencing a mental health problem.
- Do your parents misunderstand mental health? Would you like to discuss mental health with them but feel like you can't?
- Is it because your parents come from a country where mental health is viewed differently?
- Check out this video with your parents! It may help break down the barriers!
- Have you heard much about mental health? Do you want to know more? Would you like to know how to help your kids with their mental health?
- Watch this video below in to learn more about how to help them!
- You may also be able to watch it in your own language! Nepali, French, Spanish, Somali and Vietnamese videos are available.
Are you struggling with your mental health? Do you recognize the challenges regarding mental health in newcomer communities?
Check out this zine (made by youth for youth)! You will find inspirational quotes, beautiful art, and helpful resources.
This group of youth wanted to give other youth power to seek help. They also created a video for parents (coming soon), telling them that it's ok to ask for help if you or your kids are experiencing a mental health problem.
About Design Labs
This section is all about the work we do with youth in Design Studios. From community groups to International Youth Day celebrations check them out.