You are here
Ottawa Newcomers Info Videos
mindyourmind worked with a group in Ottawa of newcomer youth to co-create some resources with the intent of empowering youth to seek help, as well as provide some information to their parents around the issues they may be facing.
- Do your parents misunderstand mental health? Would you like to discuss mental health with them but feel like you can't?
- Is it because your parents come from a country where mental health is viewed differently?
- Check out this video with your parents! It may help break down the barriers!
- Have you heard much about mental health? Do you want to know more? Would you like to know how to help your kids with their mental health?
- Watch this video below in to learn more about how to help them!
- You may also be able to watch it in your own language! Nepali, French, Spanish, Somali and Vietnamese videos are available.
This is a place to see shared stories and experiences submitted by young people. It represents the truth of the people who submitted their stories.