You are here
Ottawa Newcomers Info Videos
mindyourmind worked with a group in Ottawa of newcomer youth to co-create some resources with the intent of empowering youth to seek help, as well as provide some information to their parents around the issues they may be facing.
- Do your parents misunderstand mental health? Would you like to discuss mental health with them but feel like you can't?
- Is it because your parents come from a country where mental health is viewed differently?
- Check out this video with your parents! It may help break down the barriers!
- Have you heard much about mental health? Do you want to know more? Would you like to know how to help your kids with their mental health?
- Watch this video below in to learn more about how to help them!
- You may also be able to watch it in your own language! Nepali, French, Spanish, Somali and Vietnamese videos are available.
Sorry! This interactive is not available on your current device. Please try again on your desktop
This is a place to see shared stories and experiences submitted by young people. It represents the truth of the people who submitted their stories.