The Be Safe app:
- Allows the user to create a digital safety plan
- Informs the user about mental health and addiction resources in your local community
- Directs users to the best options for their needs though a decision-making aid
- Creates a personal ‘get help script’ that helps users find the words to reach out
- Empowers the user to reach out safely
Be Safe was created by a dedicated team of youth, mindyourmind, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and other partners in the Systems Improvement through Service Collaboratives initiative in London, Ontario and surrounding area to improve access to and coordination of mental health and addictions services for children, youth and families. Learn more about the development process in this article from EENet or this post on the CAMH website.
Be Safe is available in Brant, Chapleau, Chatham-Kent, Durham, Great Sudbury, Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton, Hastings-Prince Edwards, Lanark, Leeds and Grenville, London, Manitoulin Island, Nippissing Parry Sound District, Ottawa, Sarnia Lambton, Saugeen First Nation, Simcoe Muskoka, Sioux Lookout, Waterloo Wellington and Windsor Essex County, as well as Ontario-wide. Many of these regions are also available in French.
Be Safe. You deserve help.
To download resources or find about the different regions, please visit the BeSafe website besafeapp.ca
Sorry! This interactive is not available on your current device. Please try again on your desktop